Accounting for Careers
2016 - 2017 SCHOOL YEARWeek of April 3rd to 7th
Monday: We will begin working on the 3 day comprehensive project for Chapter 7. You will complete the first 5 steps of the accounting cycle for CanyonRanch.com.
Activities will include:
- Analyzing source documents to verify business transactions.
- Journalizing business transactions from source documents.
- Posting the journal entries from the Journal to the General Ledger (Remember to Cross Reference).
- Proving the Ledger by preparing a Trial Balance.
- Preparing an Income Statement to determine Profit or Loss.
Tuesday: No Class Due to PARCC Testing.
Wednesday: You will continue working on CanyonRanch.com. You must complete through the posting process by the end of today's class period.
Thursday: No Class Due to PARCC Testing.
Friday: You will complete the CanyonRanch.com project. Today you will finish the Trial Balance and Income Statement.
- Make sure you have your Chromebook charged and in class.
- Sign on to Google Classroom at the beginning of each class period to complete your "Do Now".
- Come to class prepared with a calculator and pen or pencil everyday.
Note: I will be distributing handouts and resources as we progress. If you are absent from class please see me for any materials you may have missed.Week of April 10th to 14th:Spring BreakSchool is ClosedHave a Safe and Enjoyable Break !