This page will be updated frequently.
As our community may be aware, there continues to be public discussion of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on global health. As a result, families are encouraged to read and stay updated through official communication channels such as:
- 2019 Novel Corona Virus -Site to be Updated Frequently
- Communicable Diseases - New Jersey Dept. of Health
- NJDOHealth Outbreak Guidance for Schools
- CoVid-19 NJDOE Guidance
- COVID-19 Informational Flyer
- COVID-19 Update: All Bergen County Schools Closed Until Further Notice (NEW)
- March 12, 2020 Update: Schools closed Friday, March 13th
- Coronavirus Update - March 8, 2020
- Superintendent's Letter to the Community - March 5, 2020
Our school-based health care and nursing staff have often shared expected practices and commonsense actions to take when presented with any possible illness. Please continue to follow those recommendations. Simply put, a truly ill child (fever, etc.) should remain home until the illness has passed. Alongside that, please reinforce hand washing, covering one's mouth and nose when sneezing, and minimizing person-to-person contact. Our in-district cleaning protocols include aggressively treating all contact surfaces throughout the school day and during the overnight hours.
Our district leadership team will continue to meet regularly as we monitor the Coronavirus and the potential impact on New Jersey. We are in the process of developing a contingency plan in the event of an outbreak.
If and when more information becomes available to us we will share it with the community. We encourage our families and staff to be diligent in adhering to commonsense healthy practices and utilize sound resources like the Centers for Disease Control and the New Jersey Department of Health for factual and timely information.
As always, please reach out with any questions.
Superintendent of Schools