Affirmative Action Information
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER
An Affirmative Action Officer (AAO) is a member of the professional staff who has the responsibility to coordinate and implement the district's efforts to comply with the regulations of N.J.A.C. 6A:7 and to promote a working and learning environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the district’s Comprehensive Equity Plan as defined in N.J.A.C. 6A:7: Managing for Equality and Equity in Education.
- Monitors implementation of the plan and related strategies for improvement.
- Maintains communication with staff, students, and community.
- Coordinates/provides mandated in-service training for all certified and non-certified staff.
- Has full knowledge of the district’s grievance procedures and employment policies and is the point person for students and staff filing grievance procedures.
- Maintains confidential records and reports data as required.
- Assures that the district maintains fair and impartial hiring practices; frequently sits in on interviews.
- Makes sure that the district creates the type of environment where everyone feels respected.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
Hackensack Public Schools:
Andrea Oates-Parchment, Affirmative Action Officer
Date created: November 5, 2019