Affirmative Action Information
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER
An Affirmative Action Officer (AAO) is a member of the professional staff who has the responsibility to coordinate and implement the district's efforts to comply with the regulations of N.J.A.C. 6A:7 and to promote a working and learning environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. This person also serves as the district's Title IX Coordinator.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the district’s Comprehensive Equity Plan as defined in N.J.A.C. 6A:7: Managing for Equality and Equity in Education.
- Monitors implementation of the plan and related strategies for improvement.
- Maintains communication with staff, students, and community.
- Coordinates/provides mandated in-service training for all certified and non-certified staff.
- Has full knowledge of the district’s grievance procedures and employment policies and is the point person for students and staff filing grievance procedures.
- Maintains confidential records and reports data as required.
- Assures that the district maintains fair and impartial hiring practices; frequently sits in on interviews.
- Makes sure that the district creates the type of environment where everyone feels respected.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
Hackensack Public Schools:
Andrea Oates-Parchment, Affirmative Action Officer
Date created: November 5, 2019