Military Career Options
Military InformationJoining the military is a big decision. Below you will find some information and links about the various branches of the military and other important information.
- Interested in enlisting?
- Which branch is right for me?
- Marines: The Marines' mission is unique among the services. Marines serve on U.S. Navy ships, protect naval bases, guard U.S. embassies and provide an ever-ready quick strike force to protect U.S. interests anywhere in the world.
- Navy: The mission of the Navy is to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas.
- Coast Guard: The Coast Guard manages six major operational mission programs: maritime law enforcement, maritime response, maritime prevention, marine transportation system management, maritime security operations, and defense operations.
- Army: exists to serve the American people, defend the nation, protect vital national interests and fulfill national military responsibilities.
- Army Reserve
- Air Force : The mission of the United States Air Force is to defend the United States of America and its global interests—to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace.
- Space Force
- Homeland Security (Customs & Border Patrol)
- Training and Testing
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASBAB) Test
- What to expect on the ASVAB
- Sample ASVAB questions
- Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPs)
- Military Fitness
The Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) is a college program offered at more than 1,700 colleges and universities across the United States that prepares young adults to become officers in the U.S. Military.
If you have questions, please contact Mr. Levy, School Social Worker (firstname.lastname@example.org)Under the federal "No Child Left Behind" Act, public high schools must release student information at the request of military recruiters. If you do not wish for your child's information to be released, please fill out the Military Opt Out Form below and return it to the Guidance Office.