COMMUNITY (TWO YEAR) COLLEGE PROGRAMS
Community colleges are two-year schools that provide affordable postsecondary education as a pathway to enter the workforce with an Associates Degree or transfer credits to a four-year college. These schools have open admission policies and accept all students with a high school diploma or equivalent.
APPLYING TO BERGEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Step 1: Apply for Admissions
Step 2: Activate Your Account
Activate your Student Portal Account. Your acceptance letter will provide your Bergen User Name, ID number andBergen Email. All admissions, testing, financial aid, billing, and registration information will be sent to your portaladdress.
Phone: (201) 447-7109
Step 3: Complete the FAFSA
Complete the FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid ~ School Code: 004736
Phone: (201) 447-7148
Step 4: Register with the NJ Higher Education Student Assistance Authority
Here you can apply for State Grants and Loans based on your financial need.
Step 5: Take the Placement Examination - Office of Testing Services
Placement testing is required for all degree or certificate seeking students prior to registration. Testing waivers may be available if you meet certain criteria.
Phone: (201) 447-7202
Step 6: Meet wit-h an Advisor - Advisement Center
- Discuss your placement test results and requirements for your major.
- Select your courses/Build your schedule
- Phone: (201) 612-5480
Step 7: Register for Classes
- In Person - Registration Office
- Phone: (201) 447-7218
Step 8: Make a Payment
- Online, in person, or by telephone
- Cash, Checks, Money Orders, Credit Cards, 3rd Party Sponsorship and Financial Aid are accepted
- Payment Plan options availablePhone: (201) 447-7105
YOUR GO-TO RESOURCE FOR:
- Course Equivalencies
- Recommended Coursework
- Evaluation of Course Credits and Transcript Evaluations
YOUR GATEWAY TO:
- Transfer specific points of contact
- Partnered institutions' websites
- Transfer recruitment events
- Information on financial aid and scholarships